Love the freshness of spring rolls, but can't afford the carbohydrates? I have the perfect solution for you.
We've recreated this asian cuisine classic using chicharrones and mangoes. You're gonna love the texture and flavors, we piggy promise.
Fresh vegetables, herbs, and the perfect asian-inspired dip round off this must try, keto-adjacent, low-carb recipe.
Throw on your apron because things are about to get porky.
INGREDIENTS FOR ROLLS
- 1 bag of Oven Baked Cilantro Lime Pork Rinds
- 1 Mango
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1 Radicchio, thinly shaved
- 2 Carrots, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Toasted white sesame seeds
- 8 pieces Rice paper
INGREDIENTS FOR DIPPING SAUCE
- Sticky fingers time! Dice up that mango and jalapeno into thin strips.
- Grab a 9-inch round cake pan or a standard pie pan and fill it with about an inch of water.
- Fold a lint-free towel and place it next to the water-filled pan. Also put your prepared radicchio, mango, jalapeno, and carrots next to the pan.
- Gently incorporate the basil and mint in a small bowl, stir.
- Place the pork rinds in a large bowl and drizzle with honey and sesame seeds like Guy Fieri. Stir.
- Drop one rice paper in the water and let it sit for approximately 20 seconds. It should be pliable but not overly floppy. Carefully lay the soaked rice paper on the lint-free towel.
- Leaving around an inch of open rice paper around the edges, cover the lower third of the paper with a few sprigs of the herb mix, a small handful of radicchio, some mango, carrot, and jalapeno. Sprinkle generously with the herb mix and place some honey seasoned pork rinds.
- Fold the lower edge up over the fillings, rolling upward just until the filling is compactly enclosed. Fold over the short sides like you would to make a burrito. Lastly, roll it up. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Next, let's make the dip. In a small bowl, whisk together with a fork all of the ingredients. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons of water until the dip has reached an appropriate consistency.
- Season with kosher salt to taste.
- Serve the rolls with the sauce on the side.