Since the beginning of time, humans have craved pizza.
In fact, early cave paintings during the stone age depict a mythical pizza god that descends from the heavens and provides cheesy, carby, and meaty goodness for all.
This is exactly why we designed this spectacular and delicious keto pizza bites recipe. As fellow humans, we know that pizza craving hits hard when you're on a low-carb diet. Lucky for you, we know how to make the perfect, golden brown crunchy crust using a pork rind-based dough.
You heard that right: pork rinds.
You're not a big fan of coconut flour, almond flour or cauliflower crust? Our low carb pizza bites are great for busting out at a tailgate while remaining keto diet-compliant. Or you can just do what I did and eat them all yourself.
Moreover, you can choose from a variety of different flavors to make the keto friendly pizza crust even more tasty such as BBQ pork rinds by Southern Recipe.
Looking for easy keto recipes to get the perfect game night snack? Although there are many pizza recipes you can choose from, why not bake some low carb keto mini pizza bites using your mini muffin pan? Or some delicious keto pepperoni pizza bites with pepperoni and pre shredded mozzarella cheese? You can add more toppings, and dip them in pizza sauce, marinara sauce or even basic tomato sauce.
Here are the few ingredients you need to make keto pizza.
INGREDIENTS for LOW CARB PIZZA BITES
- 1 cup of your choice of pork rinds or chicharrones, crushed
- 4 decent sized eggs
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian spices (dried herbs, fresh basil, rosemary, parsley)
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
An assortment of your favorite pizza toppings(fresh mozzarella, green olives, black olives, green peppers, pepperoni, or bacon bits)
- Preheat your balmy oven to 425°F/220°C
- Demolish and pound your pork rinds with fortitude and intent until they are crushed into a fine powder. This is best done inside of a zip lock bag.
- Passionately mix up the eggs, cream cheese, mozzarella, and Italian seasonings within a large bowl, while stirring in between.
- Mix 1 cup of crushed pork rinds into the cheese mixture until a dough is formed. You can also use baking soda and baking powder to make the dough rise and have just the right texture and flavor.
- Using your strong and courageous hands, press the pork rind pizza dough into the greased pan or tin. Make sure to leave some space to add toppings later. (To cook with no mess or sticking, you can use a parchment paper or baking sheet if you're using a baking tray instead).
- Cook for 20 minutes in preheated oven, ideally on center rack. Pull from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- While the baked pizza bites are cooling, decrease the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees F/205°C.
- Add your favorite toppings to the bites, return the tin to the oven, and bake
for an additional 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Pull the muffin tin from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and cool before munching.
Got leftovers? You can store them in the fridge in an airtight container.