Since the beginning of time, humans have craved pizza.
In fact, early cave paintings during the stone age depict a mythical pizza god that descends from the heavens and provides cheesy, carby, and meaty goodness for all.
This is exactly why we designed this spectacular and delicious keto pizza bites recipe. As fellow humans, we know that pizza craving hits hard when you're on a low-carb diet. Lucky for you, we know how to make the perfect, crunchy crust using a pork rind-based dough.
You heard that right: pork rinds.
Our pizza bites are great for busting out at a tailgate while remaining diet-compliant. Or you can just do what I did and eat them all yourself.
Moreover, you can choose from a variety of different flavors to make the crust even more tasty such as BBQ pork rinds by Southern Recipe.
- 1 cup of your choice of pork rinds or chicharrones, crushed
- 4 decent sized eggs
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian spices
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
An assortment of your favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat your balmy oven to 425°F/220°C
- Demolish and pound your pork rinds with fortitude and intent until they are crushed into a fine powder. This is best done inside of a zip lock bag.
- Passionately mix up the eggs, cream cheese, mozzarella, and seasonings within a large bowl.
- Mix 1 cup of crushed pork rinds into the cheese mixture until a dough is formed.
- Using your strong and courageous hands, press the pork rind pizza dough into the greased muffin tin. Make sure to leave some space for pizza toppings..
- Cook for 20 minutes. Pull from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- While the bites are cooling, decrease the temperature of the oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Add your favorite toppings to the bites, return the tin to the oven, and bake until the cheese is bubbly.
- Pull the muffin tin from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and cool before munching.