There's nothing more boring than a burger on a keto diet.
No bun. No bread crumbs. No french fries.
What if we shared our secret with you? We took the classic American burger and stuffed it with deconstructed jalapeno poppers and pork rinds.
Our popper burger recipe is great for low-carb, keto diets because you can load up on proteins and healthy fats. Oh, and it tastes great too!
Feeling extra crazy? Wrap it in lettuce and serve it with a side of zero carb chicharrones or cracklins from PorkRinds.com. Choose from a variety of flavors, whether you want to add some classic barbecue rinds to the meat or wanna snack on chili and lime rinds with your guacamole.
Burger night is back, baby!
- 1.5 cups of your choice of pork rinds or chicharrones, crushed
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of green onions, chopped
2 jalapeños, diced and deseeded
- Lettuce for wrapping (optional)
Pork rinds or cracklins on the side (not optional)
- Pulverize 1.5 cups of pork rinds inside of a heavy duty resealable bag. They should be obliterated into tiny little crumbs that resemble panko.
- Prep the chop the green onions and dice/deseed the jalapeños.
- Inside of a large bowl, mix the crushed pork rinds into the ground beef.
- With your keto hungry hands, created four equal sized burger patties.
- Within a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, green onions, and jalapenos. Note: when working with the jalapenos, we suggest that you thoroughly wash your hands before touching your face.
- Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture onto one patty. Smash a second patty on top of the first burger to seal in the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining cream cheese and hamburger.
- Fry both sides of the burger until cooked to your preference!
- Optional: Wrap your burger in lettuce and serve with a side of pork rinds, chicharrones, or cracklins.