Who would've thought that honey, pears, and pork rinds would go together? James Beard Award-Winning chef, Tim Byres, that's who!
Tim whipped up this pork rind inspired recipe for PorkRinds.com and we're #blessed.
- 1 Asian pear
- 1 cup Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper pork rinds, crushed
- 4 medium Carrots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Montreal seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Preheat oven broiler to 500°F.
- Add carrots into a large cast-iron pan. Cut the pear in half and scoop out the core with a tablespoon, then place them skin side down in the pan with the carrots.
- Season the carrots and pear halves with extra virgin olive oil and Montreal seasoning, then place the pan under the broiler on a middle oven rack.
- Cook until the carrots are soft. The fruit and carrots will darken and caramelize in about 15 minutes.
- Crush the pork rinds into fine crumbs
- Remove pan from oven and roughly cut the carrots and pear with a knife.
- Add the lemon juice and honey.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and pork rind crumbs on top.